Official rules for the STEIFF Teddy Bear Workshop
Official rules for the STEIFF Teddy Bear Workshop
The following conditions apply to participation in the "Teddy Bear Workshop 2023" (hereinafter: "Workshop") organised by Margarete Steiff GmbH, Richard-Steiff-Straße 4, 89537 Giengen an der Brenz (hereinafter: "STEIFF"):
Section 1 General
Within the framework of the workshop, all participants can create a personalised unique teddy bear for a loved one or themselves under expert guidance. On site, you will receive a prefabricated Classic Teddy Bear made of the finest gold-coloured mohair. The 30 cm tall teddy bear is equipped with a growler voice, as well as a matching dark green satin bow. The bear's right sole bears "Steiff Workshop". Eye colour, eye size as well as the shape, colour and size of the nose and claws of the teddy bear can be personalised.
Section 2 Personalisation
(1) The left sole of the Workshop Teddy Bear will be individually embroidered according to the participant's wishes. The embroidery will be done before the workshop. (- for example with your first name and the date of the Teddy Bear Workshop).
(2) A total of 2 lines can be individually embroidered and personalised. A maximum of 13 characters can be used per line. For technical reasons, the text used by the participant may not exceed a maximum length of 13 characters. In addition, the use of special characters of any form (e.g. [*$€) is only possible to a limited extent for technical reasons. Personalised texts with special characters must be checked individually and separately. The participant will only be informed whether the use of the desired special characters is possible when the confirmation of participation is sent. Changes will be discussed separately in individual cases. In this regard, the regulations pursuant to section 5 (3) of these Official Rules shall apply.
(3) The participant is solely responsible for his/her personalisation and the correctness of the text. STEIFF is not responsible for spelling mistakes within the names and messages resulting from an incorrect entry by the participant or in any other way. The claim to a new corrected personalisation expires in accordance with section 5 (3) of these Official Rules.
(4) The participant may select any text (such as personal data, dates, etc.) for personalisation.
(5) The participant undertakes not to use any texts which, for example.
(6) STEIFF reserves the right to refuse personalisation with texts that violate these requirements. In this case, the organiser will inform the participant of this. Changes can then be made within a certain period of time in accordance with section 5 (3) of these Official Rules.
(7) STEIFF reserves the right to take legal action against participants who culpably violate these requirements and to claim any resulting damages.
(8) In the event that a third party asserts rights against STEIFF that interfere with STEIFF's contractual use of the files provided by the participant for the personalisation of the Teddy bear, the participant will assist STEIFF in defending against such claims and, upon first demand, indemnify STEIFF against all related claims of the third party and compensate STEIFF for any damage incurred due to the third party's right, including any court and attorney's fees incurred for the legal defence, unless STEIFF is solely responsible for the infringement. Should the participant subsequently realise that he/she has provided content to which he/she does not have exclusive rights, in particular copyright, trademark, patent and name rights, he/she is obliged to inform STEIFF of this immediately.
(9) STEIFF is not obliged to check the content transmitted by participants for potential infringement of third party rights.
Section 3 Conditions for participation; photo and video recordings
(1) Both STEIFF Club members and non-members of the STEIFF Club are eligible to participate.
(2) All natural persons over the age of 18 are eligible to participate.
(3) The participant is solely responsible for the accuracy of the data provided for participation in the workshop. All personal details must correspond to the truth.
(4) Each participant may only take part in the workshop once and only on one workshop day. Employees of the STEIFF Group (STEIFF Beteiligungsgesellschaft mbH, Margarete Steiff GmbH, STEIFF Retail GmbH, and AIGO-TEC GmbH), their affiliated companies and the implementing agencies and their relatives are excluded from participation.
(5) Participation and travel to and from the event are at the participant's own expense and responsibility.
(6) The participant must arrive punctually at the venue at the start of the workshop. If an individual participant is late, the workshop will start and be held punctually at the time indicated. There will be no proportional refund of the workshop fee in the event of a participant being late.
(7) The participant agrees that during the workshop photographs and video recordings of the participants and their individualised Workshop Teddy Bears 2023 and the venue will be made by STEIFF or by third parties. A group photo of all participants will also be taken.
The participant transfers to STEIFF and its affiliated companies, free of charge, the exclusive right, unlimited in terms of content, time and location, to use the photo and film material in the Steiff Club Newsletter, on the STEIFF social media channels, the STEIFF website and in the STEIFF Newsletter, also for advertising purposes, as well as to pass it on to third parties and publish it. Insofar as the recordings reveal indications of ethnic origin, religion or health (e.g. skin colour, headgear, glasses), the consent also refers to this information. This consent and the associated rights are valid for an unlimited period of time and geographically, for print and online use. The participant has the option at any time to declare in writing to STEIFF or the photo and film staff that he/she does not consent to the creation of photo and video recordings of him/herself and his/her images. Declarations must be sent in writing to Margarete Steiff GmbH, Richard-Steiff-Straße 4, 89537 Giengen an der Brenz or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Section 4 Conduct of the workshop; rights and obligations
(1) The workshop will take place from 30 June - 2 July 2023 on the STEIFF company premises.
(2) There will be a total of 4 workshops on the following days
(3) The workshops will be held in German. The exception to this is the date on 1 July 2023, which will be held in English.
(4) The organisation of individual workshops may be subject to a certain minimum or maximum number of participants. The number of participants per workshop day is limited to 20. At least 10 participants per workshop must be registered for the workshop to be held at all. If the number of participants is exceeded, places will be allocated according to the date of receipt of registration.
(5) Participation will be confirmed in writing by e-mail by 15 May 2023 at the latest.
(6) At the latest one week before the respective event, STEIFF will contact the respective participants by e-mail and remind them to participate in the workshop.
(7) On the day of the workshop, participants will receive a safety briefing before the workshop is held. This safety briefing must be followed.
(8) For the purpose of conducting the workshop, STEIFF or third parties commissioned by STEIFF will provide participants with a STEIFF work apron and their personalised teddy bear certificate as well as the materials for individually designing the Workshop Teddy Bears 2023 free of charge.
(9) All equipment, materials and furnishings provided for the implementation of the event must be treated with care by the participant.
(10) The workshops will be prepared and conducted by experienced instructors according to the state of knowledge. STEIFF accepts no liability for the correctness, topicality and completeness of the workshop content. STEIFF reserves the right to make changes to the content and to replace the equivalent substitute speaker, provided that they do not fundamentally change the nature of the workshop.
Section 5 Participation fee, confirmation of participation, due date and payment of the participation fee
(1) The participation fee is 299.00 EUR (GBP 279.00 / USD 349.00).
(2) The participation fee includes the cost of materials, the STEIFF Workshop Teddy Bear 2023, the apron, the certificate of participation and catering on the day of the workshop.
(3) As soon as participation is confirmed by STEIFF, the participant will receive an invoice and the participation fee will be due. Confirmation of participation and invoice will be sent to the participant in one e-mail. With the confirmation of participation, the participant will also receive a confirmation regarding the personalisation (§ 2 of these Official Rules). If the personalised text is not correct (e.g. in the case of spelling mistakes), the participant has the opportunity to have any mistakes corrected within one (1) week of receipt of the confirmation of participation. After expiry of this period, the personalisation is deemed to have been accepted. Further changes are no longer possible.
(4) The participation fee is to be transferred within 14 days to the bank account number listed in the confirmation email, stating the name and workshop day. If the participant does not transfer the participation fee within this payment period, he loses his right to participate. In this case, another participant will take their place.
Section 6 Registration
(1) Registration for participation in workshops takes place via the STEIFF website (https://www.steiff.com/en-uk/i/workshop). Registration is free of charge and binding. The mandatory details stated on the STEIFF website (name, address, telephone number and e-mail address of the participants as well as the desired embroidery of the sole and the preferred date of participation) must be provided.
(2) Participants can indicate a preferred date for their workshop participation. By selecting "No interest", participants expressly do not wish to participate on this date. By selecting "Prio 1", participants indicate their preferred preferred date for their workshop participation. "Prio 2, Prio 3 and Prio 4" are the preferred alternative dates for workshop participation in the desired order. 1 preferred preferred date must be indicated. To increase the chance of participation, it is recommended to indicate at least one more preferred date. The more alternatives are indicated, the greater the chance of participation.
(3) After successful registration, the participant will receive a notice on the website that registration has been received. The participant expressly does not receive an additional confirmation of receipt by e-mail. However, participation will only be confirmed separately by e-mail after 15 May 2023.
(4) Registration is possible until 30 April 2023 [11:59 p.m.]. The date of receipt of the registration counts.
(5) By registering, the participant accepts the General Terms and Conditions of Participation listed here as well as the Data Protection Terms and Conditions in addition.
Section 7 Cancellation by the customer; rebooking, cancellation by STEIFF
(1) The participant may cancel without giving reasons.
(2) If the cancellation is made no later than 2 weeks before the start of the respective workshop day, 50% of the participation fee shall be due in this case. If the full participation fee has already been paid, the participant will be refunded the remaining amount to the bank account specified by him/her.
(3) If the cancellation is made at the latest one day before the start of the respective workshop day, 100 % of the participation fee will be due in this case.
(4) Cancellation is possible in writing by e-mail to email@example.com.
(5) In case of cancellation, the personalised Teddy Bear can be sent to the participant's address in the standard version (i.e. without further individual deviations in colour, shape and size of the noses, claws and eyes of the Teddy Bear) at the participant's expense. This will only be done upon explicit request of the participant. Personalised teddy bears will not be sent automatically.
(6) It is not possible to change the participant's booking to another workshop day after registration.
(7) STEIFF reserves the right to cancel participants who have not transferred the participation fee within the 14-day payment period.
Section 8 Cancellation and rescheduling of the workshop
(1) If an event cannot take place due to a low number of participants, the participants will be informed of this at least 14 days before the workshop begins. The participants will then be rebooked on their alternative preferred dates, provided that the number of participants for the respective workshop has not yet been reached. If a rebooking is not possible, STEIFF will refund the participant fee already paid.
(2) If an event cannot take place due to the inability of a workshop leader, the participants will be informed of this at least 2 days before the workshop begins. The participants will then be rebooked on their alternative preferred dates, provided that the number of participants for the respective workshop has not yet been reached. If a rebooking is not possible, STEIFF will refund the participant fee already paid.
(3) Any further claims are excluded. Travel and accommodation costs as well as loss of work or other damages will not be covered. These will only be reimbursed in the event of gross negligence on the part of STEIFF.
(4) If a rescheduling is not reasonable for the participant, he/she is entitled to cancel free of charge.
(5) STEIFF reserves the right to postpone or cancel workshops in individual cases for important reasons. Important reasons are, for example, a low number of participants, illness of the speaker, cancellation of the location or official orders due to Covid 19.
Section 9 Liability
(1) In the event of accidents during the journey to and from the event and during the event itself, each participant shall be liable.
(2) The following applies to accidents during the event:
Participation in the workshop, entering the premises or buildings is at the participant's own risk. The participant undertakes to follow the instructions and prohibitions to enter partial areas. STEIFF accepts no liability for accidents or injuries.
(2) STEIFF is liable without limitation for damages resulting from culpable injury to life, body or health.
(3) STEIFF is only liable for other damages if the damage was caused by STEIFF or one of its legal representatives, employees or vicarious agents intentionally or through gross negligence. STEIFF is also liable in the case of simple negligent breaches of essential contractual obligations. In this case, however, STEIFF shall only be liable for the foreseeable damage typical for the contract.
(4) Furthermore STEIFF is not liable for a justified cancellation of the event by the organiser.
(5) In the event of damage to the equipment or furnishings on site due to intentional or grossly negligent behaviour on the part of the participant, the person causing the damage shall be liable.
(6) STEIFF assumes no liability for technical failures that lead to the unavailability of the registration, data loss, especially in the way of data transmission, and other technical defects beyond the control of STEIFF and its service providers, unless there is gross negligence or intent.
(5) STEIFF is not liable for the fact that a registration via https://www.steiff.com/en-uk/i/workshop is not possible (in time). Furthermore, STEIFF does not guarantee that this website will function properly on the respective participant's computer.
Section 10 Data protection
(1) The required personal data provided by the participant will be collected, stored and processed by STEIFF upon registration. This may include in particular the following data (hereinafter "registration data"):
This data is used by STEIFF exclusively for the implementation of the workshop, i.e. for identifying and contacting the participants, for preparation incl. payment processing, implementation and follow-up of the workshop.
(2) All personal data of the participants will be processed and used by STEIFF in accordance with the legal regulations.
(3) Participants are free to delete their registration data at any time by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to Margarete Steiff GmbH, Richard-Steiff-Straße 4, 89537 Giengen an der Brenz, Germany, and thus simultaneously withdraw from participation.
(4) The basis for processing the data is initially the contract (registration for the workshop), Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b) DSGVO) and for the film and photo recordings the consent of the participants, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a) and f) DSGVO. The purpose is the implementation of the workshop when processing the recordings the better external presentation of the STEIFF brand and public relations. With regard to the use of the data in print products, the parties also assume that this data processing is also permissible on the basis of a balancing of interests and that STEIFF can at least continue to use the already printed print documents in the event of a revocation of consent or an objection.
(5) In the event of publication, image data of the participant and personal details (in particular the name) will be passed on to service providers involved in this respect. STEIFF has concluded an order processing agreement with third parties in accordance with Art. 28 DSGVO. STEIFF does not plan to transfer personal data to a so-called third country; however, it cannot be ruled out that websites may be accessed from countries that do not have an adequate level of data protection.
(6) STEIFF shall store and process the photo data and information until consent is revoked or objection to further use of the data in print documents. Consent is voluntary. The participant can refuse it without giving reasons and without having to fear any disadvantages as a result. The participant may also revoke this consent at any time in text form (e.g. letter, e-mail). Films and photos in which he or she is recognisable and which essentially show only him or her will then be removed immediately from STEIFF's website and will no longer be used for new printed material. If the participant is shown in the photo/film together with other persons, the photo/film does not have to be removed, but it is sufficient if the participant is made unrecognisable (e.g. by pixelation).
(7) As a data subject according to the GDPR, you have the following rights:
(8) The supervisory authority responsible for us is:
The State Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information of Baden-Württemberg.
70173 Stuttgart (Germany)
Section 11 Miscellaneous
(1) STEIFF reserves the right to change these conditions of participation at any time.
(2) German law shall apply exclusively.